Get out of the winter funk and Step Into Spring.
Let’s get out and get moving.
30 Day Walk Challenge | walking 15 minutes each day
What’s not to like about walking? It’s free. It’s easy to do, and it’s easy on the joints. Walking is good for you. Walking benefits your health because it: Helps you lose and maintain your current weight; Lowers blood pressure; Improves blood circulation; Improves your mental state; Cuts the risk of type-2 diabetes by about 60%; Prevents dementia; Boosts vitamin D; Helps get you moving beyond your lupus pains; Gives you an energy boost; and Gets you outside, interacting with the nature.
Here are the rules of the challenge:
- Walk for at least 15 minutes every day for 30 days. You can break up the 15 minutes into shorter increments if needed, such as three 5-minute walks throughout the day.
- You are allowed 2 rest days a week during the 30-day challenge. These rest days can be taken on any two days of your choice.
- You can walk anywhere you like, indoors or outdoors. If you prefer to walk outside, find a safe and scenic route that you enjoy. If you prefer to walk indoors, you can walk around your home, office, or a nearby shopping center.
- Make sure to wear comfortable and supportive shoes, and dress appropriately for the weather if you’re walking outside. Try not to walk at peak hours to prevent flares.
- Please consult with your doctor before starting this challenge.