Today is Monday Mindful Moments Week 7
Today be mindful in your listening.
MMM…. That Feels Good! Monday Mindful Moments
Mindful Hand Washing
Sure, hand washing is basic hygiene — the CDC recommends washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds — but it’s also an opportunity to quiet your thoughts. By focusing on all the different sensory characteristics of hand washing: the warmth of the water, the aroma of the soap, the feeling of the suds in between your fingers, you can carve out a moment of peace and relaxation.
The technique for mindful hand washing is simple:
- Before washing, take a deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth, and feel the tension leaving your face and body.
- Next, turn on the faucet and focus on the sound of the water splashing against the sink.
- When the water is warm, let it slowly wash over your hands, and really think about how it feels against your skin, palms, and knuckles.
- Start lathering your hands with soap and concentrate on its scent.
- Finally, rinse your hands and walk away feeling clean and refreshed.