Butterflies of Hope – 9th Annual Flight of the Butterflies
Spreading Lupus Awareness One Butterfly at a time
Let this butterfly flutter all over cyberspace!
May 16th Lupus Fact
Lupus nephritis is a type of kidney disease caused by systemic lupus erythematos. Kidney damage is one of the more common health problems caused by lupus. In adults who have lupus, as many as 5 out of 10 can have kidney disease. In children who have lupus, 8 of 10 can have kidney disease.
There are 6 types of lupus nephritis
- Class I – Minimal mesangial lupus nephritis
- Class II – Mesangial proliferative lupus nephritis
- Class III – Focal lupus nephritis (active and chronic; proliferative and sclerosing)
- Class IV – Diffuse lupus nephritis (active and chronic; proliferative and sclerosing; segmental and global)
- Class V – Membranous lupus nephritis
- Class VI – Advanced sclerosis lupus nephritis
This is your Sixteenth Butterfly of Hope.
We need awareness! We need a cure!
Encourage everyone you know to let it FLY!
#LupusInColor #ButterfliesofHope #FlightoftheButterflies #SpreadLupusAwareness #LupusAwarenessMonth