Every year, World Arthritis Day is celebrated on October 12 to create awareness about the disease ‘Arthritis’. The theme of World Arthritis Day 2021 is “Don’t delay, connect today: Time2work.” World Arthritis Day aims to create awareness of Rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs), Osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis among people.
There are other forms of arthritis including:
- Juvenile Arthritis: This term describes a group of conditions that affect children.
- Spondyloarthropathies: These autoimmune conditions can attack the joints.
- Systematic lupus erythematosus: This condition affects many tissues of the body, including the joints.
- Gout: In this condition, Urate crystals accumulate in joints.
- Infectious and Reactive Arthritis: This type of arthritis refers to joint inflammation resulting from an infection.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: This condition affects almost one-third of people with psoriasis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: This condition produces symptoms in the low back, hips, and/or shoulders first.