Ten Steps to Protect your Vibe as you Battle Lupus
- Let go of things you can’t control.
- Avoid comparing your lupus battle to you when you did not have lupus and to others who have lupus.
- Keep your faith for healing bigger than your fears of the pain.
- Don’t do anything that you know will make you feel bad, doesn’t feel right or cause you a flare.
- Don’t be afraid of being alone with your pain to figure out how to handle it.
- Avoid bashing yourself because you have lupus. It isn’t your fault.
- Speak kindly to yourself you are fighting a hard battle.
- Take care of yourself before you take care of others.
- Stay away from people who drain you or who are bent on misunderstanding your lupus fight.
- Ignore any opinions about how you live beyond lupus if they don’t enhance your life. They aren’t walking in your shoes so don’t let them dictate your steps.